Roofing is one of the most important aspects of any home, which is why its so critical to choose the right Connecticut Roofing Contractor for your roofing needs. We have put a list together of questions and answers we hear on a regular basis, to try and help those with roofing questions.
1. How are roofs constructed on a typical home?
The vast majority of residential roofing consists of asphalt roof shingles, or tiles, fastened to a deck, usually made of wood. Metal flashing is used around roof protrusions, such as vents and chimneys. With this knowledge, you can easily spot many of the more common signs of potential roofing problems.
2. What could be a sign of a roof problem?
Missing shingles – will allow water to get below the shingle and into your home
Tile buckling or curling – tiles can buckle because of an improperly installed deck, or curl due to wind and snow. Both cases make it easier for water to get under the shingles.
Bare asphalt – tiles are finished with a granule coating which can wear off over time. Exposed asphalt can crack and allow water to leak through
Damaged or corroded flashing – over time, flashing can become damaged from wind or falling debris, or corroded from snow and rain, and let water in around chimneys or vents.
3. What makes DiGiorgi a great choice for Connecticut Roofing projects?
With Connecticut’s winter snows, spring rains, summer heat and fall winds, if roof damage is not properly identified and repaired, your problem could quickly get much worse.
You need to find a roofing company that knows CT and the variety of weather the area can throw at your roof. Roofing companies can vary in their ability to identify and repair roof problems.
You won’t find a roofing contractor in Connecticut with the combination of experience, expertise and service offered by DiGiorgi.
Over 70 years experience with roofs and roofing in CT,
Lifetime roofing warranty
Free in-home consultation
4. What are some typical causes of roof damage in Connecticut
Roof damage can have a variety of causes:
- Wind – Prevailing winds or severe gusts can cause roofing materials to lift, curl or come off. Water can enter your home under the roofing material or through the exposed area left by a missing section.
- Corrosion – The flashing that keeps water from roof valleys, and projections, like your chimney or vents, can deteriorate and let water into your home.
- Weather – The extremes of hot, cold, wet and dry weather, especially here in Connecticut, can cause roofing material to buckle, split or blister. Moisture enters through the openings that develop in the roofing materials
- Wear and Tear – falling objects, from trees or blown by the wind, bird and animal traffic can cause premature wear to roofing materials. Left unchecked, damaging leaks can develop.
In addition to these questions and answers, we also have a blog library similar to this article, full of great information:
- Searching for Roofing Problems
- Roof Damage – A Damaged Roof Can Become a Big Problem
- Roof Repair – Fix Your Roof Right the First Time
- A Trusted Roofing Contractor in Connecticut
- Glossary of Roofing Terms
- Residential Roofing
- Hartford Roofing Services
Of course, sometimes the easiest answer is to call. Our staff at DiGiorgi Roofing and Siding takes great pride in offering help, information and solutions. Don’t hesitate to contact our team to learn more!